Living room is the place where you entertain your guests and spend your leisure time with your near and dear ones. A well decorated living room can impress your guests as well as your family members. Read our experts tips on Living room decoration and be ready to get complements.
Living room decoration ideas
Living room decoration need to understand some basic things like what is going to be living room focal point, what can be the perfect color combination, what type of activities are going to be there and above all. Here are some great living room decorating tips that you might find handy.
Top seven living room decorating tips for beginners
- Living room decorating tips: One - Every room has one focal point like a large window or painting or an interesting art piece, fire place you can choose the focal point of your house and start decorating your room around this point.
- Living room decorating tips: Two - Flooring of the room should be according to the room size. Do not use carpet in small room; you can use the Vinyl flooring available in the market at very nominal cost. Choose light colors for flooring it will make the look of room bigger and spacious.
- Living room decorating tips: Three - Painting your room is the best way to bring new life in your living room, choose opaque paint on your walls and enhance it with decorative paint touches such as stencils, sponge painting and even stamp painting as shown below. You can also use wall papers for your living room decoration. Use light colors for your living room.
- Living room decorating tips: Four - Proper lighting in your living room can do miracles; use recessed lighting to light a general area. You can also use tall white floor lamp for a small room. Do not buy chandeliers or dramatic lights for your living room.
- Living room decorating tips: Five - Place your seating around the focal point, choose light weight furniture for your room as it is easy to manage and also look good. Foldable furniture is also a good idea for the small rooms. You can also hang a mirror on the wall to create the illusion of a larger room.
- Living room decorating tips: Six - No room is complete without the Curtains and drapes; these not only provide security but also enhance the beauty of the room. Choose the curtains according to your needs if you want privacy than choose heavier curtain with a lining. If your purpose is to merely accent a room than sheer curtains will be best. Colors of the curtains should be according to the furniture and wall colors.
- Living room decorating tips: Seven - Last but not the least does not forget to accessories your living room with some good art pieces like Photographs, Wall art, Flower vases, Clocks, sculptures etc but do not over accessories your room it does not look good. You can also put some green plants in your living room.
Use these living room decorating tips and see the change in your living room.